What are 10 things you've done that other people probably haven't?
Submitted by Janette.
Computerwise in no particular order:
1) Started my website in 1996
2) Use the internet before the WWW
3) Sent email via a PDP11
4) Surfed the net using a dumb terminal
5) Spoofed email addresses to confuse coworkers
6) Used Ebay when you could browse all the listings in two hours
7) Hooked a Decwriter II to a CoCo I
8) Made money building and repairing computers in the 80s
9) Made a Ethernet/Arcnet/Internet bridge
10) Ran a dialup BBS built from junk
Non Computer Stuff (no particular order):
1) Build and Maintain high voltage test equipment
2) Shrunk quarters with 100,000 amps 🙂
3) Street raced and never got caught.
4) Got groped by a Venezuelan National Guardsman
5) Climbed the Coba Pyramid without hold to the rope. Same for the Chichen Itza Pyramid
6) Ate Rattlesnake sausage
7) Was born in an insane asylum (well it was a regular hospital when I was born)
8) Stumbled across an animal sacrifice altar
9) Got married at 10:00 AM on New Years Day
10) Had to give directions to my home to the sheriff so he could serve a warrant on me.