Well, having to fend for myself tonight (Mariser works Monday's), I decided to go to Red Lobster. Why Red Lobster? Well it was my Mom's favorite restaurant. Actually it was not but as she said it was the best you got in Bowling Green. Anyway, I thought I would use the gift card I had bought her which unfortunately she never used all of.
I like shrimp. Especially grilled so I got Garlic-Grilled Jumbo Shrimp:
Ok, it didn't look like this. First of which, I hate broccoli. So left it off. But they wanted to make up for it and it comes with two sides plus the broccoli. I really just wanted some shrimp. So I settle on the wild rice pilaf, french fries and coleslaw. I get a to-go order.
- First failure, the beasties of wee did not ambush me when I came in the door. They do when I come in with Sushi.
- Everything was lukewarm.
- Fries were limp
But Hank and Stevie did get interested. First of which Stevie was stealing fries. Next Hank thought she want rice but then she noticed the shrimp. So I gave her some. At which point Stevie was no longer interested in fries (he had 4). Both got a bit of shrimp. Also Hank ran away with two shrimp tails and ate them very crunchily (that's not a word).
As far as the main course:
- it was not hot when I got home (3 miles maybe)
- garlic was hardly noticeable
- but it did have a nice texture. fresh or flash frozen
- nice size
- 2nd skewer much better after heating in the toaster oven
Pepper did not participate. And finally,
Anyone want a tub of Coleslaw?